Description: Dog daycare is a multimillion dollar business and they are popping up all across the world. Daycare allows dogs to interact with their own kind which helps in development and maintaining physical and mental health. In order for a daycare to be successful they must have educated supervisors who are knowledgeable in dog behavior and interaction. This course will give the professional all the knowledge they need to run successful play groups in any setting. Successful completion of this course will result in a Dog Daycare Supervisor Certificate.
This Certificate concentrates on teaching you to correctly observe and interpret the behavior of dogs in groups, and how to safely and successfully supervise dogs in any group setting.
The Instructor of this course is an experienced dog daycare owner and supervisor, as she has owned and operated a dog day care and training facility, assisted in the opening of several dog daycare facilities, and supervised the day care for a veterinary/boarding facility. She lectures nationally on dog behavior and safe dog daycare operation.
Time Committment: 15-20 hours of “in-class” time (depends on your learning style). 15-20 hours of out-of-class homework. Total estimated time to complete this Certificate: 30-40 hours.
Students Will Learn:
- Importance of dog daycare
- Dog communication
- Dog interaction
- Understanding dog personality
- Evaluating dogs for daycare
- Supervising dog play in groups
- How to keep play safe
- How to interrupt inappropriate behavior
- How to improve dog’s behavior through daycare
- Standard operating procedures for daycare
- How to properly write reports
- How to talk with clients about their dog’s behavior
- How to sell and increase daycare attendance
More about the course:
This Certificate consists of six courses, several homework assignments, 3 quizzes, and a Final Exam. The courses are video-heavy with many demonstrations of dogs interacting and the student learning how to supervise dogs correctly. The homework assignments consist of both written and video submissions for grading. The Final Exam consists of videos and photos with the student expected to correctly answer questions relating to each. This Certificate program WILL prepare you to know what you are doing as a Dog Daycare Supervisor. NOTE: You will not automatically be sent a Certificate simply by paying for the course. You must PASS the course and EARN the Certificate.
- The Purpose of Daycare
- The Importance of Dog Communication in Daycare
- Understanding Dog Interaction
- Evaluating Dogs for Daycare
- Standard Operating Procedures for Daycare
- Supervising Dog Daycare
- Final Exam
- Quizzes during each lecture
- Video homework on all levels of dog communication with explanation
- Video of student using dog communication
- Video of dog interaction with explanation
- Video of proper greeting and introduction with explanation
- Video of dog play with explanation
- Video of full evaluation of dog with evaluation report
- Video of student interrupting inappropriate behavior
- Tests on watching videos of dogs interacting and answering questions
- 65 Question final exam which includes video and fill-in-the-blank
Additional Material REQUIRED: Supervising Dog Daycare Training Guide by Nikki Ivey
Time Allowed to Complete the Program: The program must be completed in 4 months (16 weeks) from the date of registration.
(***Payment plans below-please scroll down***)
Single Student for Certification: $1,800.00
Business: $1800/one student; $250 per extra student
Email us: email@example.com
Payment Plan (Subscription) – $150.00 for 12 months –
(NOTE: Can start course after 2 payments and no Certificate until all payments are made)
$450.00 for 4 months –
(NOTE: Can start course right away and Certificate on completion)
Payment Plan (Subscription) – $225.00 for 8 months –
(NOTE: Can start course right away, but NO Certificate until all payments made)