Canine Ethology Body Language and Observational Skills
Course information: This course is designed to help you study for Content Area III-Canine Ethology Body Language and Observational Skills –of the CCPDT’s behavior consultant test; Certified Behavior Consultant-Canine Knowledge Assessed (CBCC-KA).
Purpose: (1) To help the student gain a better understanding of canine ethology body language and observational skills. Have you ever wondered what your dog is thinking? Do you want to communicate better with your dog? Whether you’re a canine professional, a dog owner or just a dog lover, this course will provide you the knowledge necessary to better understanding man’s best friend. (2) to take and pass the Content Area III of the CBCC-KA exam Consulting Skills and Best Practices.
Instructor: Amber L. Drake, EdD (ABD), Ed.S, M.Ed., BSc
Learning Objectives (Per the outline for the CBCC-KA exam):
- Domestication of the Dog
- Vocalization in Dogs
- Canine Body Language
- Stress vs. Distress
- Breeds and Behavior
- Observation vs. Interpretation
- The Human-Dog Relationship
Included in this course (course content):
- 8 Lessons
- Discussion questions with interactive feedback for each lessons
- Handouts/Case Study for each lesson
- Video Links for each lesson
- 7- cutting edge 90 minute webinars on canine ethology, body language and observing dogs
- Private online discussion forum
- 7 Quizzes
- Midterm Examination
- Final Examination
You will also be able to interact in a private online discussion group with the Instructor and other students to better learn the concepts necessary to understand and correctly observe and interpret canine behavior and to prepare you for this portion of the CBCC-KA exam through the CCPDT.
Text and required supplies: None
Quizzes, mid term, and final exam:
Written (multiple choice, matching, true/false)
My Expectations of You as a Student
- Keep up with the assignments/discussions.
- Participate in any discussions–they are our “classroom”.
- Participation in a PRIVATE online Student/Instructor discussion forum.
- Let me know when you experience problems so I have a chance to assist you.
- Maintain honesty and respect toward your classmates and instructor.
What You Can Expect of Me
- Prompt answers to your questions and e-mail inquiries (with 24-48 hours, excluding weekends or holidays).
- Concern for your success in this course.
- Access to a PRIVATE online Student/Instructor discussion forum.
- Respect for you and your ideas in return to the respect accorded to me and others.
- Assistance in navigating the course.
CCPDT: 15 CBCC-KA or CPDT-KA
ANNOUNCEMENT: The “CCPDT Certificants Only” promo has been extended until March 31, 2017 ONLY!
CCPDT certificants ONLY, 30 days only February 15, 2017- March 31, 2017 – 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing email@example.com
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
- “Audit” version not available for the discount
Course Cost – $205.00 USD
Course “For Audit”
This course is also available “for audit.” This means there are no CEUs, no Certificate of completion, no interaction or feedback with the Instructor, and no admittance to the private student study group. It is “for your information only.” The content of the course is the same.
Audit Cost: $95.00 USD (click on the “Add to Cart” below)
Length of time to access this course: The study for this exam is recommended to be 6 months to a year. Therefore, access to this course (Credit or Audit) will be allowed for 12 months. Extensions are available ON REQUEST for two additional testing periods after the 12 months at no extra cost. After that, there will be a fee to extend. AUDIT VERSION: 12 months-NO extensions without additional payment will be allowed.
CCPDT Affiliation Disclaimer:
Please note that this course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To prevent any conflicts of interest in both the presentation of this material and the CCDPT, certification by the CCPDT is independent from this study preparation.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.