Canine Behavior Consulting Skills and Best Practices
Course information: This course is designed to help you study for Content Area V of the CCPDT’s behavior consultant test, the: Certified Behavior Consultant Canine-Knowledge Assessed (CBCC-KA).
Purpose: To (1) help students to understand the skills necessary to do a canine behavior consult…NOT how to change canine behavior, but how to work with the human clients, the proper equipment to work with dogs, the humane hierarchy as a foundation in making behavior intervention decisions, the best practices and policies as a Certified member of the CCPDT, interpersonal skills, and ethics. (2) to take and pass the Content Area V of the CBCC-KA exam Consulting Skills and Best Practices.
Instructor: Chris Redenbach CDBC, CBCC-KA
This course, Canine Behavior Consulting Skills and Best Practices focuses on understanding the skills necessary to do a canine behavior consult; mainly working with the human clients, and other involved humans such as the Veterinarian or Trainer. There will also be an emphasis placed on how to best study and take the CBCC-KA exam and the policies and practices of the CCPDT as a Certificant.
6 Lessons with 6 quizzes and a Final Exam to test your knowledge of the material and become better prepared to pass the CBCC-KA exam with the CCPDT.
Students in this course can expect to cover the following topics:
- History taking skills for a behavior consult
- Client coaching and training skills
- The humane hierarchy defined by the CCPDT in working with dogs
- How and when to do referrals to other professionals
- Client Rights
- Proper canine training and behavior equipment
- The CCPDT training policies and position statements
- Interpersonal skills important as a behavior consultant
- Ethics in Practice
Text and required supplies: None
Quizzes and Final Exam:
Written (multiple choice, matching, true/false)
My Expectations of You as a Student
- Keep up with the assignments.
- Participate in any discussions–they are our “classroom”.
- Participation in a PRIVATE online Student/Instructor discussion forum.
- Let me know when you experience problems so I have a chance to assist you.
- Maintain honesty and respect toward your classmates and instructor.
What You Can Expect of Me
- Prompt answers to your questions and e-mail inquiries (with 24-48 hours, excluding weekends or holidays).
- Concern for your success in this course.
- Access to a PRIVATE online Student/Instructor discussion forum.
- Respect for you and your ideas in return to the respect accorded to me and others.
- Assistance in navigating the course.
CCPDT: 6 CBCC-KA or CPDT-KA
Course Cost – $235.00 USD
Course “For Audit”
This course is also available “for audit.” This means there are no CEUs, no Certificate of completion, no interaction or feedback with the Instructor, and no admittance to the private student study group. It is “for your information only.” The content of the course is the same.
Audit Cost: $118.00 USD
Length of time to access this course: The study for this exam is recommended to be 6 months to a year. Therefore, access to this course (Credit or Audit) will be allowed for 12 months. Extensions are available ON REQUEST for two additional testing periods after the 12 months at no extra cost. After that, there will be a fee to extend. AUDIT VERSION: 12 months-NO extensions without additional payment will be allowed.
CCPDT Affiliation Disclaimer:
Please note that this course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To prevent any conflicts of interest in both the presentation of this material and the CCDPT, certification by the CCPDT is independent from this study preparation.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.