Anatomy and Physiology of the Dog
Purpose: To prepare students to write the Biology and Anatomy portion of the CBCC-KA certification test.
Instructor: Rachel Tiessen, RVT, BSc
Course Info: The CBCC-KA Biology & Anatomy of the Dog course focuses on the anatomy and physiology of the dog along with the various systems that make up the dog, how the body communicates within itself through neurotransmitters and hormones and how these impact behaviour, what the physical requirements are to keep dogs healthy, the normal parameters that we expect to see in a healthy dog in terms of heart rate, respiration rate and temperature, and how genetics can influence behaviour.
Course Length: 5 lessons
What a student can expect to learn from this Course:
- Identify and label the basic anatomy of the central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, respiratory, circulatory, digestive, endocrine and musculoskeletal systems.
- Relate the functions of each system to behavioural outcomes, learning and development
- Accurately discuss systems with other behaviour professionals using appropriate biological terminology
- Read and interpret reports that include anatomical and biological terms
- Describe the role of genetics and the environment, separately and together in behavioural outcomes
- Explain how canine behaviour has been/continues to be affected by natural and artificial selection
- Reading recommendations.
Text and required supplies: None
Quizzes and Final Exam:
Several practice quizzes and exams to prepare you for the CBCC-KA exam.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The “CCPDT Certificants Only” promo has been extended until March 31, 2017 ONLY!
CCPDT certificants ONLY, 30 days only February 15, 2017- March 31, 2017 – 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing email@example.com
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
Course Cost: $195.00
CCPDT Affiliation Disclaimer:
Please note that this course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To prevent any conflicts of interest in both the presentation of this material and the CCDPT, certification by the CCPDT is independent from this study preparation.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.