This CBCC-KA exam study course will provide the registrant with the necessary information to be better prepared to correctly answer questions on the exam that address an understanding of the scientific method.
In addition, this course trains canine professionals to be able to readily identify reliable and valid studies and correctly interpret their findings. With more and more information available on the internet, it is important to be able to differentiate not only between anecdotal information and empirical data, but to also understand what constitutes a good study as compared to a poor one.
Though the “scientific method” is not currently listed as part of the CBCC-KA exam (it used to be 3% of the exam), we include it here in case some questions may still exist around this topic area. Actually, reports from recent test takers report they do still exist.
In addition, we know that a good canine behavior consultant is constantly learning and working at staying up to date on the research that affects your profession. To do this, you must be able to discern good science from bad, and how to interpret the findings in a way that will help you in your work.
- The CBCC-KA Exam Study – Scientific Method has 4 lessons and a final exam with 44 practice questions.
- There are several handouts for you to download to your computer.
- There is no homework with this course, but there is a Final Exam. This must be completed with at least 75% correct to earn CEUs or a Certificate of completion.
- All study is done online and is available at any time the student accesses the online classroom.
Instructor: Ashley Miller, PhD
What you can expect to learn from this Course:
- Brief history of science
- Definitions of important scientific terminology
- How the scientific method is used in practice
- The importance of knowing your sources for scientific information
Text and required supplies: There are no textbooks required for this course, but it is strongly recommended that each student review the CCPDT’s recommended reading list for the exam.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The “CCPDT Certificants Only” promo has been extended until March 31, 2017 ONLY!
CCPDT certificants ONLY, 30 days only February 15, 2017- March 31, 2017 – 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
Course Cost – $125.00
Access to this Course:
The study for this exam is recommended to be 6 months to a year. Therefore, access to this course (Credit or Audit) will be allowed for 12 months. Extensions are available ON REQUEST for two additional testing periods after the 12 months at no extra cost. After that, there will be a fee to extend.
CCPDT Affiliation Disclaimer:
Please note that this course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To prevent any conflicts of interest in both the presentation of this material and the CCDPT, certification by the CCPDT is independent from this study preparation.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.