COURSE TITLE: The Theory Behind the Training
Purpose: To prepare the student to take and pass the Applied Behaviour Analysis component, content area I, of the Certified Behaviour Consultant Canine-Knowledge Assessed (CBCC-KA) from the Counsel for the Certification of Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Course Info: This 10 lecture CBCC-KA exam study course is specifically designed to help the student study and prepare for the first content area, Applied Behavior Analysis, of the CBCC-KA exam. It is developed using the text by Paul Chance “A First Course in Applied Behaviour Analysis” and covers the basic elements of ABA as outlined in the book, but with examples that apply to dog behaviour consulting. The Lectures follow the book closely and homework supports and relates to the material covered in the lectures and in the study objectives of the ABA portion of the CBCC-KA exam.
Instructor: Sue Alexander CPT-KSA, CBCC-KA, CDBC
Course Dates and Times: This course runs for 10 lectures. Students are encouraged to take no more than one lecture per week and complete the homework and readings between each lecture. The midterm becomes available to the student after the fifth quiz has been completed. The final becomes available to the student after the tenth quiz and the midterm are both completed and the student has attended at least TWO live chats. (NOTE: these occur online only…they are LIVE ONLINE)
Registrants will receive:
- Systematic review of the CBCC-KA test subjects and study objectives.
- Downloadable, written notes for every lesson.
- Many practice questions.
- Relevant and informative, printable study sheets and worksheets.
- Access to live web chats for real time group study every other month throughout registration.
- Access to a private ACTIVE, CBCC-KA-instructor led Facebook group with quiz questions and discussion.
- Email access to a CBCC-KA instructor throughout the course.
- Access to the course material, live chats, and social media, for up to a year, or until you receive your test scores (and a Pass!) from the CCPDT.
- Reading recommendations.
We encourage you to prepare well ahead of your desired examination date.
What you can expect to learn from this Course: This course is designed to specifically cover the study objectives for the content area: I. Applied Behavior Analsyis taken from the CCPDT information page for CBCC-KA, January, 2016 (http://www.ccpdt.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/CBCC-KA-Study-Objectives-2015.pdf)
NOTE: The Scientific Method is NOT covered in this course. This topic area is covered in a separate course – CBCC-KA Exam Study – Scientific Method
Text and Required Supplies:
- A First Course in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Paul Chance, Waveland Press (NOT included in course cost)
- Students will be required to work directly with a dog for some of the class exercises.
- There are other texts that are suggested throughout the course, but not required.
Each module will come with assigned homework, and quiz modules that you must pass in order to complete the course and earn CEUs. The quiz, mid term and final exam are made up of questions that will resemble the questions that you may find on the CBCC-KA exam as a practice and review. Homework will be discussed but not graded. Your final mark will be composed of the quizzes, the mid term and the final exam. You must attain a grade of 70% or higher to pass the course. Students must also attend at least two live chats (NOTE: these occur online only…they are LIVE ONLINE).
CCPDT: 18 CEUs (18 CPDT-KA or 18 CBCC-KA)
IAABC: 18 CEUs
NADOI: 18 CEUs
PPAB/PPG: 12 CEUs
ANNOUNCEMENT: The “CCPDT Certificants Only” promo has been extended until March 31, 2017 ONLY!
CCPDT certificants ONLY, 30 days only February 15, 2017- March 31, 2017 – 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
- “Audit” version not available for the discount
- If you wish to pay using the Payment Plan, please email email@example.com for details with the special.
Course Cost – $395.00
Payment Plan: (use the Subscribe button below) – $103.00 per month for 4 months
Access to the Material The study for this exam is recommended to be 6 months to a year. Therefore, access to this course (Credit or Audit) will be allowed for 12 months. Extensions are available ON REQUEST for two additional testing periods after the 12 months at no extra cost. After that, there will be a fee to extend.
CCPDT Affiliation Disclaimer:
Please note that this course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To prevent any conflicts of interest in both the presentation of this material and the CCDPT, certification by the CCPDT is independent from this study preparation.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.