This webinar presentation will be a very brief overview/introduction to helping dogs cope with stress. Jane Miller will provide a number of stress reduction/relaxation techniques along with monitoring methods. This is a very basic introduction to stress reduction/relaxation techniques covering the definition of stress, eustress and distress. Due to time constraints we will not be focusing on the brain’s role.
The stress reduction techniques that will be discussed include breathing, acupressure points, TTouch, canine massotherapy, reiki, meditation, and biofeedback etc. The monitoring methods of stress will be addressed include, stress signs/body language, cortisol levels from saliva, urine and hair, heart rate and variable heart rates, breathing rates, pulse, vagal tone, biofeedback, and MRI’s, which are costly and invasive and may cause stress levels to increase by the testing itself.
- Understand what is meant by good stress eustress vs. bad stress distress
- Learn various stress reduction techniques to add to your toolbox since different methods work for different dogs…one size does not fit all
- An introduction to breathing techniques, acupressure points, TTouch, canine massotherapy,
- Learn how to apply this knowledge and monitoring techniques
- Learn methods of monitoring heart rate,pulse, breathing rate, cortisol levels, biofeedback MRIs and the pros and cons of these techniques.
- Resources: An extensive list of videos, links, references, articles, websites, diagrams, etc. will be provided.
A question and answer session will follow this dogs and animal welfare webinar that will be moderated by Dr. Cheryl Aguiar
Speaker: Jane Miller, LISW, CDBC, AABP-CDBT
Available as a recording.
NOTE: Both the Live and the Recording are approved for the same amount of CEUs.
2 IAABC CEU’s
2 CCPDT CEU’s
2 ABCDT-L2 CEU’s
2 NADOI CEU’s
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC, ABCDT-L2 or NADOI receive over 25% off.All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount.