Most of us recognize that “animal welfare” is important, but what does “welfare” mean to dogs in 2015? Mia Cobb covers the what, why and how of animal welfare science as it applies to modern dogs. Drawing on practical examples from companion, shelter, working dog and veterinary clinic contexts, participants will be updated with the latest science of dogs and animal welfare and learn how to apply this knowledge to improve the lives of the dogs around us.
- Understand what is meant by the term “animal welfare”, it’s history and development as a field of scientific research.
- Understand why animal welfare is important to modern companion, working and shelter dogs.
- Learn what influences canine welfare, including environmental, social and human factors.
- Be updated on the latest research of welfare in dogs, including how it is measured.
- Know how to apply this knowledge in real world situations (e.g. home, shelter, boarding/working dog kennel, vet clinic) to improve the welfare of dogs.
A question and answer session will follow this dogs and animal welfare webinar that will be moderated by Dr. Monique Udell.
Speaker: Mia Cobb
Available as a recorded webinar.
2 IAABC CEU’s
2 CCPDT CEU’s (CBCC-KA)
2 NADOI CEU’s
NOTE: Both the Live and the Recording are approved for the same amount of CEUs.
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC, NADOI, PPG, or KPA (please email me to check if your organization qualifies) receive over 25% off. All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount.