A 90 minute webinar for the breeder who wants to be sure their puppies have the best start in life. It is a Puppy Behavior and Socialization Course that is rich in photos and videos following a litter of Great Pyrenees from birth to 9 weeks. It also covers puppy evaluation techniques and what to look for in a puppy.
Description: This course has several handouts that can be downloaded. Early puppy behavior and socialization exercises, early neurological stimulation from both the mother and what should be done, and when, by humans. It explains when you should expect certain behaviors to appear, what is normal and not normal, and what to look for when choosing a puppy.
Instructor:Barbara Handelman M.Ed., CDBC
Length: One 60-90 minute lesson
This course covers the following:
- Epimeletic Behavior
- Et-epimeletic Behavior
- Early neurological stimulation exercises
- The difference between socialization and socializing
- Puppy socialization exercises
- Puppy brain development
- Critical periods for socialization
- Typical behaviors, and when
- Introduction to solid foods
- Sound and surface sensitivity
- Puppy play skills
- Socializing with other dogs
- Temperament evalautions
This course is part of the Breeding and Genetics Diploma
It may be taken alone or as part of the Diploma.