Canine careers – Can you make a living working with dogs? Yes, you can. Learn the many different opportunities in canine careers.
Prerequisites: An interest in pursuing a career in the world of dogs or in finding out about other professional careers that could include dogs in some organizations.
Purpose: To provide you with tools to assess your personality characteristics and to explore careers that share those characteristics, and then to provide exhaustive resources for further research.
Course Info: You love anything to do with dogs– but can you make a living with them? Yes, you can! This fast-paced and fun class will show you how to turn your passion into profit. You’ll take a self-assessment to prioritize your interests across 16 characteristics and you’ll identify jobs that match your passions. You’ll hear about careers that need a little, a lot or not any formal education. You’ll get real-world wisdom collected through interviews with professionals who are pursuing their dream career. We’ll also explore some not-so-obvious, interesting and creative ways to include your best friend in a career you’ll love. Expect to be surprised and encouraged in this class and to leave with a list of careers worth exploring further as well as websites and contact information for a multitude of professional and avocational organizations.
What you can expect to learn from this course:
- Current market statistics for the pet industry.
- Current job outlook and income ranges for pet-related careers
- Discover your personality characteristics which relate to canine careers
- Find out which careers showcase your personality strengths
- 13 dog-centric avocations/hobbies to explore (not counting a zillion dog sports)
- 21 entry-level canine and companion pet jobs to get your experience started
- 16 trade/technical jobs with dogs that require minimal formal education
- 4 college-level canine careers for those who want at least a 4-year degree
- 17 other professional careers (spanning entry-level through college-level) which can have a canine component (that may surprise you!)
- Over 100 resources for further investigation!
Text and Required Supplies: none
Instructor: Catherine Comden, BA, CPDT-KA
CPDT-KA – 2.0 CEUs
IAABC – 2.0 CEUs
NADOI – 2.0 CEUs
Course Fee –$49.00
Access to this course will expire in 60 days. Therefore, you have 60 days to complete this course from the date of registration.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.