According to a study in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2011, canine cancer is now the number one cause of death in dogs. In this presentation, I will not only cover the process of cancer diagnosis, types of cancer and treatment plans, but I will present a holistic approach to care that includes hospice, diet, nutrition, high quality of life, prevention and the natural dying process. In addition, I will address how we can embrace our grief and honor the memory of our dogs should that time come. Throughout, I will provide examples from real-life canine cancer experiences.
Speaker: Lola Ball, MS
Founding Member of the International Association of Animal Hospice and Palliative Care
Author: WHEN YOUR DOG HAS CANCER – MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG
Ebook: EBOOK: WHEN YOUR DOG HAS CANCER – MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG
Students will learn:
- The techniques used to diagnose cancer in dogs and why a cancer diagnosis might not be definitive
- Symptoms that could indicate cancer in your dog
- Treatment options available for cancer in dogs
- What is animal hospice care and why/when you might consider it
- The stages of the natural dying process and how to identify each
This webinar was recorded Live and is now available as a recording.
Recorded: April 10, 2014
2 IAABC CEU’s
1.5 CCPDT CEU’s
2 ABCDT-L2 CEU’s
2 NADOI CEU’s
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC, ABCDT-L2 or NADOI receive over 25% off. All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount.