Speaker: Casey Newton, BS, CPDT-KA
A puppy’s most critical time to learn is in the first twenty weeks of life. Therefore, we have only a small window of time to provide our pups with essential early socialization. Socialization, in its complete definition, is much more than introducing puppies to other dogs. It is gaining exposure to the world and learning to adhere to boundaries within a human culture’s norms. Wonder Puppy’s “Puppy’s First Twenty Weeks” Protocol to socializing puppies includes all of the ingredients needed to start a puppy on the path to mental, physical, and emotional wellness. It helps build confidence, encourages impulse control, and nurtures the parent-puppy relationship.
Attendees will learn:
- Looking at the whole puppy to address socialization
- How to prevent what some call “dominant” puppy behavior
- How to set boundaries for puppies without having to resort to punishment
- 10 essential exposure and basic skill exercises for complete socialization
- How to prevent separation anxiety in puppies
- How to modify puppy social interactions and play behavior
- What goes into running a “balanced playgroup”
- Support material for puppy parents
Recorded live online: January 16, 2014
Available as a recording (OnDemand).
32 days unlimited access.
1.5 IAABC CEUs
1.5 CCPDT CEUs
1.5 NADOI CEUs
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC or NADOI receive over 25% off. All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount.
IAABC members, Click HERE to apply your discount.
Please be sure to find the Code on your Member page at IAABC.org (under Member Discounts) first.
NADOI, CCPDT and APDT members, click HERE to apply for your discount.
APDT members will find their code on their APDT page. NADOI and CCPDT members must email cheryl@e-trainingfordogs for the passcode.