Purpose: The Ethics for Dog Trainers web lecture discusses many of the key concerns and business practices in dog training and behavior consulting. The intention is to provide a foundation in professional ethics and dog training business best practices.
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of dog training and business.
Instructor: Shelly Volsche, CPDT-KA, DipCFN
Course Length: 1 (one) 90 minute lesson with a 5 question knowledge assessment
Description: In the days of TV dog trainers and quick fix websites, there has been a growing call for professionalism and standardization in dog training. At the core is a need for ethical behavior among dog trainers. While working with training and behavior clients, Shelly Volsche, CPDT-KA, DipCFN applied the same sensitivity to client data and dog handling as would be expected from a psychiatrist or family therapist. In this course, she teaches you those standards and discusses how they apply to dog training and behavior consulting. Do you know when it is time to refer out? Can you successfully build relationships with veterinarians in your community? Do you have a recipe for determining which methods to use with each client? This course will teach you how to answer these and many more questions.
What you can expect to learn from this Course:
- How to define ethics as a whole and in dog training.
- How to determine best methods and dog handling practices.
- How to handle client data and needs with sensitivity.
- Suggestions for business structures and demands.
- How to determine when to refer and when to learn.
- How to present oneself with professionalism to clients and the community.
CCPDT – 1.5 CEUs
IAABC – 1.5 CEUs
NADOI – 1.5 CEUs
ANNOUNCEMENT: The “CCPDT Certificants Only” promo has been extended until March 31, 2017 ONLY!
CCPDT certificants 2017 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
Course Fee –$50.00
Access to this course will expire in 60 days. Therefore, you have 60 days to complete this course from the date of registration.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.