Canine Displacement Behaviors
- Contact call
- “Come here”
- Care / nurturing behavior
- Physical discomfort (not displacement behavior)
- Volume (large amount)
- Location (by exit)
- Volume (small amount)
- Location (anywhere / everywhere)
- Doors, frames, windows, carpet – escape
- Furniture, trash, underwear, personal items – comfort
- Not a resting shallow or investigation of a smell
- Making the yard look like “the surface of the Moon”
- Stereotypic = repeated and without obvious purpose or function
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC or NADOI receive over 25% off. All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount.
IAABC members, Click HERE to apply your discount.
Please be sure to find the Code on your Member page at IAABC.org (under Member Discounts) first.
NADOI, CCPDT and APDT members, click HERE to apply for your discount.
APDT members will find their code on their APDT page. NADOI and CCPDT members must email cheryl@e-trainingfordogs for the passcode.