Dog Emotions Speaker: Kellie Snider, MS Description: This lecture will help improve the ability of participants to accurately observe dogs in real world situations, to understand how dog emotions play a role in learning, and how emotions themselves can be learned behaviors. Join Kellie as she discusses how dog emotions can be learned behavior and how our awareness of the antecedents and consequences that attach to emotional behavior makes us better at training and modifying behavior This webinar will cover:
- Can I train Fido to be less fearful because I know his cortisol levels rise under stress?
- Does understanding Rover’s pedigree help me modify his aggressive responses to specific stimuli in his environment?
- Does confidence in a clear relationship between dogs and grey wolves make me a better trainer?
- Focus on watching dogs in action.
- How do we know a client dog is fearful?
- Because his cortisol levels are increased?
- Because I see him running away and cowering?
- What stimuli start the chain of fearful behaviors?
CCPDT=1.5 CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA
Members of APDT, CCPDT, IAABC or NADOI receive over 25% off. All Lecture Series Webinars are only $18.00 each. See instructions below on how to find the password to take part in this professional discount. IAABC members, Click HERE to apply your discount. Please be sure to find the Code on your Member page at IAABC.org (under Member Discounts) first. NADOI, CCPDT and APDT members, click HERE to apply for your discount. APDT members will find their code on their APDT page. NADOI and CCPDT members must email cheryl@e-trainingfordogs for the passcode.