Purpose/Goal: To teach dog trainers to define and apply Learning Theory in dogs: the four quadrants of operant conditioning, extinction, and how to recognize the quadrants when they see them. 100 % online dog training course of study.
Course Info: In Thinking Like a Trainer: Learning Theory in Dogs, dog training students will learn about the language used to describe the theory behind operant learning (learning theory) and how to recognize what they are seeing. For those interested in gaining better insight into LEARNING THEORY, this course is what you are looking for. Through lecture, video demonstrations, quizzes, and a written assignment, dog training students will leave this course with a thorough understanding of the language and terminology used in operant learning and learning theory.
Taught by: Sue Alexander, CABC, CPDT-KA, CBCC-KA
Course Length: Approximately 2 hours online study and 1 hour of required homework.
Recommended Text: How Dogs Learn (1994) M.S. Burch & J.S. Bailey
- One written assignment
- Three quizzes – must pass with at least a 75% correct
- One final exam – must pass with at least a 75% correct
What a student can expect to learn from this Course:
- The language of operant conditioning
- A better understanding of learning theory
- The role of the trainer in the learning process
- The role of the learner in the learning process
- How to identify what the student sees when they observe training in action
- How to recognize the four quadrants of learning theory in dog training and behavior
Instructor: Sue Alexander, CABC, CPDT-KA, CBCC-KA
CCPDT certificants (30 days only…dates to be announced soon) 2017 15% off Special – PLEASE NOTE ALL of the following:
- Discount password available on your CCPDT web login, or by emailing email@example.com
- Just click on the purple “Add to Cart” button below, next, BE SURE TO CLICK ON “SHOW ORDER SUMMARY” AT BEGINNING OF CHECKOUT PROCESS TO ADD DISCOUNT CODE…the reduced price will be applied at that time.
- “Audit” version not available for the discount
Access to this course will expire in 30 days. Therefore, you have 1 month to complete this course from the date of registration.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.