Purpose: Introduce yourself and your dog to the thoroughly enjoyable sport of AKC Rally obedience and Rally training. It is all about developing a strong bond and building teamwork between the handler and dog.
Course Information: This course is designed for any dog and handler who have successfully learned basic obedience skills and are interested in mastering those skills in the sport of AKC Rally obedience that offers variety in learning and an interesting, upbeat, positive competition environment.
Recommended textbook: The Rally Course Book, a Guide to AKC Rally Courses, Revised 2010, Published thru Alpine Publications, Inc. www.alpinepub.com
What you can expect to learn from this course:
- This course focuses on teaching you, the handler, how to correctly perform the AKC Rally signs/exercises following AKC competition rules and regulations.
- How to teach your dog to work with you as a team in training, and to carry over to a competition AKC Rally course.
- How to train with positive reinforcement.
- How to wean off the treats/toys for competition in Rally Obedience.
- How your dog reads your body language (what you’ve actually taught your dog to cue on)
- How to enter a AKC Rally trial.
- Do you know the basic AKC Rally rules and regulations?
- Troubleshooting your Rally training techniques.
CEU Status (FOR CREDIT ONLY):
IAABC – 5 CEUs
CCPDT – 5 CEUs
NADOI – 6 CEUs
Instructor: Janice Dearth
Course Length: 6 one-hour sessions
Course Cost -
For Credit OnDemand: $180.00
(6 months access to OnDemand course: Homework accessing your knowledge and skills will be required; One on one feedback from Mrs. Janice Dearth)
Audit OnDemand: $90.00 (3 months access to OnDemand course. No homework required or feedback from Instructor)
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.