At e-Training for Dogs we are extremely pleased to be able to offer a comprehensive dog breeding and genetics diploma to assist dog enthusiasts and professionals to develop the knowledge and skills to provide informed breeding decisions.
Purpose: This Dog breeding and genetics diploma is designed for breeders, dog professionals or individuals interested in enhancing their study of dogs. Emphasis will be on the biology, evolution, genetics, and the early environmental influences on dogs.
General Diploma Information: Individuals who are passionate about improving their breeding programs would greatly benefit from this unique program. It is accepted in the scientific community that the principles of natural and selective breeding show themselves in the resulting animal’s behavior as well as its physical characteristics. Studies tell us that genetics determine aproximately 60% of behavior and the environment (“how,” “when” and “what” in the raising of the dog) determine approximately 40%, as long as those environments are within a normal range of experiences. Since it is possible to exert a great deal of control over the genetic and rearing environments of canines, this Diploma is essential for a complete understanding of dogs in our society. You will explore key areas such as: species origin, evolution of the species, genetics, biology and the interrelationship of these on ability, conformation, temperament and behaviour.
What students can expect to learn from this program:
- To understand the links between behavior and the origin, evolution, genetics and biology of the dog.
- To understand how the evolutionary background, biology, and genetics, impact canine behavior.
- To understand how the early experiences of canines impact their behavior.
- To understand how the prenatal and postnatal environment can be optimized to affect a canine’s development and behavior.
- Gain an understanding of complete canine genetics.
- The Breeding and Genetics Diploma will be provided when all required courses have been satisfactorily completed.
Program Length: Most students work on the program on a part time basis and complete the program within 12 months.
Program Curriculum: Students must successfully complete the six (6) required courses.
Acknowledgement of Course and Diploma Completion: Letters of completion and where offered, Certificates, will be sent for each course as it is earned. The Breeding and Genetics Diploma will be sent once all of the dog breeding and genetics diploma criteria have been successfully fulfilled. Certificates and Diplomas will have your name, the course or diploma earned and a list on the reverse side of your accomplishments.
Resources and Equipment Needed: A computer with internet connection.
Instructors: Our Instructors are carefully chosen experts and excellent teachers in their area of expertise. We spend months developing one course so you and your dog can reach your goals.
Three Ways to Buy:
1. Full Price – single payment – $890.00
2. Payment Plan – 9 monthly payments of $105.00 each (total diploma fee will be $945.00)
Please read the Payment Plan policy.
3. Pay as you go – purchase one class at a time. Simply click on the individual course pages above to access fee and registration details. Once you are registered you will be contacted by email to create your program and begin your courses.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.