Purpose: Learn the safe and appropriate use of herbs and aromatherapy for pets.
What can you expect to learn in this course:
- The history of herbology.
- How to source good quality herbs from reputable sources and what those herbs should look, smell and taste like.
- How to grow common herbs in their garden.
- What parts of the plant have healing properties
- Contraindications and precautions when using herbal remedies
- The most beneficial form of each herbal remedy including learning how to prepare dried herbs, powders, teas, infusions and compresses.
- How to use herbal remedies to provide solutions for common ailments – behavioural issues such as anxiety, nervousness and fear; digestive upset including nausea, flatulence, constipation, impacted anal glands and diarrhea; parasite problems; lesions of the skin.
- How to use herbal remedies to help elderly animals cope with the infirmities of old age such as arthritis, cataracts, dental issues, heart disease, kidney disease and incontinence.
- The qualities of aromatherapy oils
- Blending of aromatherapy oils
- What are carrier oils and how to use them
- Contraindications and precautions with the use of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy and Herbal Remedies are not substitutes for veterinarian care!
Course Completion Deadline: This course must be completed in its entirety within 3 months from the date of registration.
Required Textbook: None. Participants will be provided with a manual of useful herbs and recipes as well as a comprehensive list of useful books and resources.
This course approved for 4 CEU’s from the IAABC.
This course approved for 0 CBCC-KA and 4 CPDT-KA CEU’s from the CCPDT.
Instructor: Sheilagh O’Sullivan
Course length: Four 60 minute classes.
Course Fee –
Access to this course will expire in 3 months. Therefore, you have 3 months to complete this course from the date of registration.
Download Flash Player for free. 98% of computers worldwide already have Flash.
You must also read and agree to the E-Training for Dogs, Inc. Standard Terms and Conditions prior to taking a course: Click HERE to read these. You will be asked when you register if you have read them and will not be allowed to take the course if you do not agree to the terms.